If the instinctive quality related it to the maternal archetype, the spirituality attributed it to the paternal archetype. The association spirituality – masculinity form splits of the judeo-christian tradition, which has represented to God and to the spiritual as male leaders.
Is there childlike parents?
Current society makes men perpetual adolescents, the goal is not to get to a revolution. There is a continuous search of the father-mother. The ideal would be to be able to become men and to leave the adolescence.
The Sun is the father archetype?
In the Hebrew tradition, the sun is considered male in essence and is identified with the paternal archetype. Just like the moon is female and relates to the maternal archetype.
Is there other symbols or archetypes that represent the father?
Yes. The sky and all that is related to the astronomy, the aeronautics… As an animal, it’s the bull. In the body, it would be represented by the head, the nose and the eyes. In the Hebrew mythology it’s Adam, father of the humanity, in the Roman one Jupiter, the father of the God and in the Greek one Zeus. And let’s not forget the New Testament and San José; in our culture, the day of the father is celebrated exactly March 19, on that Saint’s day.
Why is a hug so important?
We live in a society that has transmitted to us that the men do not touch and do not cry. The men are disconnected from their emotional center. Nevertheless, it is a fundamental energy to enable us to act as men.
If your father does not touch you, he cannot transmit you his force. If he never let you win nor surpass him, you will not have access to the male force.
Why is it said that to encounter oneself as a man, we need to accept our father’s death?
It is a fundamental and complicated exercise. It is the most important chapter. Once the recognition of the father made, we must now accept the father to die to encounter the male energy. (Yielding power is very difficult for the father.)
Is it not possible to stay a son all your life?
There is a moment in which the father must die. “Taking the power of the father is a natural law”
The father in his deathbed should tell you that you wanted to: “Came into the world to be my master.” You had to be as you were, I fought to not steal your childhood and not to divert you from your future. You were my future, thank you for your existence. You must be your own protector, your Creator. I told you what I could, what I didn’t give you, you have to give it to yourself. I leave knowing that you’ll realize yourself and your realization will be mine as well. I leave you my strength, my heart. “Thank you for joining me in my death…”
Phrases on the father figure:
“When I was fourteen years old, my father was so ignorant that I could not endure him.” But when I got to twenty-one, it seemed incredible how much my father had learned in seven years. Mark Twain.
“A good father is as good as one hundred teachers” Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
“You know you had a father, when your son can say it” William Shakespeare.
Ten Commandments of the father, from the viewpoint of the psycho-genealogy:
1.- I will not fall in the narcissistic trap to give my son my own name.
2.- I will not fall in the incestuous trap to give my daughter the name of my mother or my sister.
3. – I will accept his sex whatever it is.
4.- I will kiss, caress and embrace my children.
5. – I will leave my daughter live and elaborate her oedipal relation with me, because I know that if she feels as a woman accepted by the love of her father (without desire), as an adult she is going to be able to establish healthier relations in a couple. Otherwise, it will pass the life looking for parents or she will symbolically remain “single”, united to this infantile incestuous relation.
6. – I will compete with my adult son, letting him win sometimes. We will pee together on a wall. We will roll down in the grass and I will let sometimes his body stay on mine.
7. – I will be present and participate in an active form to the raising and the education of my children, developing the assertiveness and eliminate all shadow of aggressiveness in dealing with them. I will be a master by example, more than by speech.
8. – I will take from my father all the treasures that he gave to give them multiplied to my children and I will give them everything what my father did not give me.
9. – During the pregnancy, I will speak to the child and caress and it through the fine skin of the mother’s belly.
10. – During the childbirth, I will be present and help to cut the umbilical cord, although the mother is indeed the one that sections it.
It is inspired by an article written in apanish by Alejandro Jodorowsky: